Kentaro Kobayashi, director of the Tokyo Olympics’ opening ceremony, was dismissed late Wednesday over footage of him joking about the Holocaust.
Kobayashi, 48, joked about the Holocaust as a “let’s massacre Jewish people game” in one clip from 1998, previously made his name as part of a comedy duo dubbed Ramens.
Japan’s Olympic Minister Seiko Hashimoto said in a press conference that she and other members of the planning commission would “review the entire program” Thursday, the day before the ceremony. Hashimoto said she learned of Kobayashi’s offensive jokes Tuesday morning and that she regretted how long it took to fire the comedian.
- Hushpuppi’s Saga: No Formal Report On Abba Kyari With Us: PSC
- Human Rights Obligations Being Fulfilled In Nigeria – Malami
- Hushpuppi: Abba Kyari May Be Dismissed, Prosecuted – PSC
- ”He can be dismissed depending on the gravity of the offence”– Police Commission speaks on Abba Kyari’s indictment in the Hushpuppi fraud case
- NL FACT CHECK!! Bukola Saraki Truely Arrested By EFCC?? (See This)