The Osun State government has directed the Western Nigeria Security Network, popularly called Amotekun, to stop criminal elements in all the forests across the State.
There have been incessant kidnappings in the State, with three Chinese expatriates who were abducted recently, regaining freedom.
Another six passengers and the driver of a Toyota Sienna bus were on Monday, kidnapped along Ilesa- Akure expressway.
Speaking to DailyPost on Thursday, the commander of Amotekun in the State, Amitolu Shittu said Governor Gboyega Oyetola summoned him and the Special Adviser to the Governor on Security over the incessant kidnapping.
He revealed that Oyetola ordered them to stop banditry and kidnapping in the State.
According to Shittu, the state government will profile all the herdsmen in the forest.
He said: “Governor Gboyega Oyetola is passionate about the security of the people. We cannot go against the constitution of Nigeria which allows any citizen to leave anywhere in the country. He said, whoever has a lawful business running in the State, wherever they are from will be protected. And I don’t think the criminals have liberty under the law.
“The Special Adviser on security to the governor, Abiodun Ige, has set up a Joint Task Force in the border to stop kidnapping, banditry and all other crimes.
“There is no ethnic colouration to crime, crime is crime. Anybody who commits crime will be dealt with no matter where you come from.”
- No-Fly Zone: FG Doesn’t Understand Security Issues In Zamfara – Matawalle
- I Am Ready To Resign If That Will Bring Peace To Zamfara – Gov Matawalle
- Buhari Declares Zamfara ‘No-Fly Zone’, Bans Mining Activities
- Insecurity Won’t Stop COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution In Rural Areas — Ogun Gov – Newspot
- Treat Matawalle As Accomplice If He Fails To Reveal Identity Of Kidnappers – ACF Tells Security Agencies