The Kogi State government, on Wednesday, inaugurated Justice Henry Olusuyi as the Chief Judge of the state.
The swearing-in ceremony was held in Lokoja, the state capital, after Olasuyi took his Oath of Office.
In attendance were Governor Yahaya Bello, the state Deputy Governor, Edward Onoja, Speaker of the House of Assembly, Matthew Kolawole and other top government functionaries.
This comes five days after Bello approved Olasuyi’s appointment in an acting capacity.
The position became vacant following the death of the former Chief Judge, Justice Nasir Ajanah on June 29.
Ajanah died at a COVID-19 treatment centre in Gwagwalada, federal capital territory (FCT).
The late judge served as chairman, election petitions tribunal in Akwa Ibom state (2007), and chairman, election petitions tribunal in Rivers state (2008).
Meanwhile, Governor Bello has approved the appointment of Bayo Olowosegun as the Acting President of the state’s Customary Court of Appeal.
Olowosegun’s appointment also followed the demise of the former occupant of the office, Shaibu Atadoga, who died on June 22.
- Federal Capital Territory High Court Judge, Okeke, Is Dead
- “Oshiomhole infected APC with political COVID-19” – Orbih
- Obaseki is not a threat because he is not even eligible to contest elections, says Oshiomhole
- Nigeria Breaking News, Today, Tuesday, 4th, August, 2020
- Edo 2020: Oshiomhole Vows To Meet Violence With Violence, Warns PDP