The senator representing Lagos East Senatorial district, Tokunbo Abiru has donated 150,000 facemasks to teachers and pupils of primary schools in his constituency on Monday, February 22.
He presented the protective materials to the leadership of the Lagos State Universal Basic Education Board (LASUBEB), and promised to provide eyeglasses for teachers in need of prescription lenses to improve their eye sight.
According to Abiru, the donation was a measure aimed at curtailing the spread of the virus amongst pupils and teachers of public primary schools in his constituency, noting that it was the duty of leaders to ensure that pupils are protected against the COVID-19 pandemic while in schools.
He tasked Nigerians to adhere strictly to COVID-19 safety measures, stressing that the pandemic is still raging.
- Tribunal Strikes Out APM’s Petition Against Senator Abiru – Newspot
- Abia Govt begs teachers to call off strike
- Senate begins process for establishment of FUTA teaching hospital
- Falz, Tems, DJ Switch, Burna Boy named in Avance Media’s 100 Most Influential Young Nigerians List for 2020
- Guru Maharaji urges FG to encourage local production of COVID-19 vaccines