Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu on Monday paid a condolence visit to the family of late Monsurat Ojuade.
The 18-year-old admission seeker died after she was hit by a stray bullet at Ijesha on September 11.
The bullet was fired by one of the policemen from the State Criminal Investigation Department, Panti, who went on an operation to arrest a robbery suspect.
Odumosu was accompanied by members of the command’s management team and other senior officers.
The CP, on behalf of the Inspector-General of Police, Alkali Usman and Force personnel in Lagos, commiserated with the Monsurat’s relatives and friends.
The commissioner expressed regret over the incident and prayed for the repose of the departed soul.
He announced the name of the culprit, Sgt. Samuel Phillips, earlier concealed by the command as reported by NAIJALOADED.
Odumosu also confirmed that Phillips is undergoing an orderly room trial and assured that justice would be done.
- Zamfara: police confirm kidnapping of 3 potential body members
- EndSARS: Lagos judicial panel report ‘ll be made public, fully implemented-Sanwo-Olu assures
- Uber driver assaulted by Police sues Lagos for N500million
- Doctor Confirms Defilement Of Minor In Baba Ijesha’s Case
- Ndume: Insecurity Is Reducing… FG Doing Its Best To Tackle Challenges
Subscribe to Get More News via Email
- London Irish stun Exeter for first win of season
- Bitcoin “still bullish” even as BTC price drops to $ 50,000 – analysis
- DMX real estate battle gets even MORE complicated as alleged 15th heir surfaces pretending to be his child
- Man Who Won Over N410m In Lottery Says He Simply Wants To Buy Slippers And Toothbrush
- Man Puts Himself Up For Sale Due To Hardship In The Country