James Maddison and Harvey Barnes scored the goals to lift Leicester City to within one point of Manchester United, who play at third-placed Liverpool on Sunday.
Brighton and West Brom both picked up vital wins in their fight for survival Saturday while Chelsea and West Ham moved up the table with wins in the day’s other matches.
Maddison fired Leicester City ahead eight minutes before half-time and Barnes added a second deep into time added on to put Brendan Rodgers’ side above champions Liverpool.
Liverpool can regain the top spot, though, if they beat leaders Manchester United at Anfield on Sunday.
Fulham’s hopes of getting anything from their west London derby at home to Chelsea ended when Antonee Robinson was sent off for a nasty challenge on Cesar Azpilicueta.
Mount scored the only goal 12 minutes from the end to secure Chelsea a 1-0 win, lifting them to seventh, but only seven points behind the leaders. NAN
The post Leicester Beat Southampton, Go Second In EPL Table appeared first on Concise News.
- The Nigerian Stars to Look out for in 2021
- Everton secure planning permission for 53,000-capacity stadium
- Eric Bailly snubs Messi, Ronaldo, names best player in football history
- UEFA Champions League: Giroud’s bicycle kick gives Chelsea an away goal advantage over Atletico Madrid
- We Played To Win Against Atletico Madrid – Giroud