Former US Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton has asked President Buhari and the Nigeria Army to stop killing unarmed #EndSARS protesters.
There were reports of massive shooting by security agents at protesters on Tuesday evening at the Lekki Toll Gate.
The shooting led to the death of several people as many were also injured.
Security operatives had stormed the scene of the protest after the Lagos Government announced a 24-hour curfew and opened fire, with the intent to kill many people.
As many turned up to social media to share the Live video clips of the tragic incident, many people could be seen with various degrees of injuries. The scale of the damage could not be ascertained.
The Nigeria Army has taken to Twitter to claim that the events of last night was fake news, despite there being evidence of soldiers actively shooting at the Lekki Toll Plaza.
Reacting to the sad and tragic turn of events, Former US Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, urged the Nigerian president and the army to stop killing innocent and unarmed protesters. She wrote;
“I’m calling on @mbuhari and the
@hqnigerianarmy to stop killing young #EndSARS protesters. #StopNigeriaGovernment”
The Tweet has gotten over 194k retweets as at press time, as Nigerians took to the comment section to share images and videos from the massacre.
- EndSARS: Army Promotes Officer Representing It At Lagos Judicial Panel To Major-General
- Lekki Shooting: #EndSARS Lawyer Wants Fashola To Appear Before Panel
- #EndSARS: I Refuse To Be Bullied Or Intimidated – DJ Switch Tells Lai Mohammed, FG
- “CNN is desperate” – Lai Mohammed reacts to second report on Lekki tollgate shooting
- BREAKING: Invite Fashola To Explain Whereabouts of ‘Missing’ Camera – EndSARS Lawyer