Mr. Adesina Ogunlana, a counsel for some #EndSARS protesters in Lagos State has expressed that Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu should appear before the Judicial Panel of Inquiry over the shooting of #EndSARS protesters by soldiers at the Lekki Toll Gate.
Ogunlana cited the military’s claim before the panel that their operation on that day was on the invitation of the governor as a reason for this move.
Also Read: #EndSARS: Nigeria Needs Healing – Osinbajo
Hence, he argued that it would be important for the governor to appear before the panel, particularly to demonstrate his professed belief in the rule of law.
Recall that Commander of 81 Military Intelligence Brigade, Victoria Island, Lagos, Brigadier General Ahmed Taiwo, last week Saturday had during his cross-examination said the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, ordered the deployment of soldiers to the tollgate and other parts of the state that day following a request by the governor.
The post Lekki Shootings: Sanwo-Olu Must Appear Before Panel, #EndSARS Lawyer Insists appeared first on Information Nigeria.
- #EndSARS: We Are Working With Judicial Panel To Make Ethical Adjustments – Frank Mba
- Governor Makinde’s Deputy, Olaniyan Vows To Not End Rift With His Boss
- #EndSARS: 233,000 NECO Candidates To Write Supplementary Exams (See Subjects And States)
- NECO releases 2020 October/November Results
- US: President Trump’s ban on Twitter angers Germany