The pro-Trump internet went wild on Wednesday for the Freedom Phone, a $500 smartphone that comes stocked with conservative apps and promises to liberate anyone else who buys it from Silicon Valley censorship. The American flag-branded phone was immediately promoted by a wide range of right-wing figures, including former Trump adviser Roger Stone, Jan. 6 rally organizer Ali Alexander, and pundit Dinesh D’Souza.
“I’m holding a freaking phone that is not controlled by Apple or Google,” conservative personality Candace Owens told her fans in an Instagram video. “We made the switch immediately.”
Despite being lauded by some of the right-wing media’s leading figures, though, the Freedom Phone’s buyers could be getting less than they expect for its $500 price tag. That’s because the Freedom Phone appears to be merely a more expensive rebranding of a budget Chinese phone available elsewhere for a fraction of the Freedom Phone’s price.
- Little Mix Have Officially Arrived . . . in London’s Iconic Madame Tussauds, That Is
- Celebrities Are Calling Out DaBaby For His Homophobic Comments, and Rightly So
- DaBaby Goes On Twitter Rant Apologizing To HIV/AIDS Community For Controversial Comments (Update)
- Does Dolly Parton Know What’s Happening at Her Stampede?
- Activision Blizzard Workers Walk Out Over ‘Frat Boy’ Culture