It seems like Malia Obama already has a job lined up for after her 2021 Harvard graduation, and it involves Donald Glover. On Feb. 17, The Hollywood Reporter disclosed that Glover had exited his pact with FX for a multiple-year deal with Amazon. This deal will see Glover executive producing a number of projects for the streamer, including one called Hive, which has already begun staffing a writers room that includes Obama. Hive is rumored to feature a Beyoncé-like figure and come from the mind of Watchmen‘s Janine Nabers.
This isn’t Obama’s first job in the entertainment industry. In 2014, she served as a production assistant on Extant, with star Halle Berry saying on Watch What Happens Live, “She was down to do whatever a PA is asked to do, and I had wild respect for her for that. Everybody couldn’t really see her as a PA, although she tried and tried to be one. We just couldn’t really see her as one, but to her credit, she tried very hard to be one.” She then went on to intern for HBO’s Girls in 2015, where she was trained to do the work of a writer’s assistant.
- Dwyane Wade’s Daughter & Michelle Obama Team Up For Women’s History Month!
- Michelle Obama Calls Zaya Wade A ‘Role Model’ In Touching Conversation (Video)
- BE HONEST!! Is Rema Not Too Small For This? What Is Don Jazzy Doing? (See This)
- Sadiq Daba, Veteran Actor And Broadcaster Is Dead
- I’m Almost Certain That Nothing You See Today Will Top Zaya Wade and Michelle Obama’s Q&A