John Birt, the director general of the BBC at the time of Martin Bashir’s famous Panorama interview with Princess Diana, now says Bashir was a “serial liar on an industrial scale.”
Lord Birt, who was the head of the BBC from 1992 to 2000, was being grilled Tuesday by British lawmakers in the wake of a report, published last month, which concluded that Bashir had launched a mendacious and deceitful campaign to manipulate Diana into doing the interview, and that the BBC had known about Bashir’s methods and chosen to cover them up.
In the most explosive interview in generations of royal life, Diana accused Prince Charles—the future king of England—of cheating on her in the years after their fairytale wedding.
- Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor finally added to Royal Line of succession website
- Windsor Castle Staff Reportedly ‘Cleared Out’ Megan & Harry’s Remaining Belongings From Frogmore Cottage
- Royal family’s Website Shares Update on Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Daughter Lilibet
- Meghan Markle & Prince Harry’s Daughter Lilibet Is Still Missing From The Official Royal Line Of Succession Weeks After Her Birth?!
- Charles Spencer Didn’t Walk Daughter Kitty Down the Aisle – Here is why