It was announced just last week that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were officially stepping back from their royal duties for good, but that doesn’t mean they’re stepping back from the causes that mean the most to them. On Feb 21., Harry and Meghan surprised Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support in Dallas, TX, supporting them with repairs caused by the winter storm that has devastated the US state.
“Today the news of our damages reached Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex!” Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support – an organisation which aims to provide shelter, safety, and counselling to women and children who have experienced domestic violence – wrote on their Twitter page. “Through their nonprofit [Archewell Foundation], they are supporting us by replacing the roof at our transitional housing facility and helping us meet our immediate needs.”
Despite having to give up various royal patronages and honorary appointments by stepping down as senior working members of the royal family, Meghan and Harry are able to keep their private patronages, which include charities and projects such as Smart Works, Mayhew, The Invictus Games, and of course their Archewell Foundation. This latest under the radar help from the couple shows that the duke and duchess will always be people of action, regardless of royal patronages held.
Genesis have set up an Amazon Wish List to help with donations.
Today, the news of our damages reached Prince Harry and Meghan, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex! Through their nonprofit, they are supporting us by replacing the roof at our transitional housing facility & helping us meet our immediate needs. THANK YOU, ARCHEWELL FOUNDATION! pic.twitter.com/rFtxzvtFRo
– Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support (@GenesisShelter) February 22, 2021
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Archewell Has Accomplished Its First Major Project
- Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Will Address ‘Tension’ With Royal Family In Oprah Interview — And Prince William & Kate Middleton Are ‘Appalled’
- James Corden Gave Prince Harry a Tour of LA, and There’s a Lot to Unpack – Let’s Get Started
- Prince Harry Tells Friend James Corden He Left the Royal Family Because It Was Destroying His Mental Health
- Prince Harry Gets Candid — Weighs In On His Marriage, Megxit, The ‘Toxic’ British Press, And The Crown!! WATCH!