Arsenal midfielder, Mesut Ozil has said that he will never be ashamed of his career with the London side.
Arsenal bought the German from Real Madrid in a £42.5 million deal in 2013 and have been able to win three FA Cups and a Community shield through his services.
He has, however, been sidelined from manager Mikel Arteta’s team this season and looks good to join Turkish side, Fernabahce.
“Of course,” he replied on a Twitter Q&A session when asked if he’s enjoyed his time with the club.
“There have been many ups and downs so far, but all in all I’ll never regret my decision to join Arsenal. And to be honest, the last couple of games before the corona break in February & March 2020 made [it] really a lot [of] fun.
“I’ve enjoyed that time a lot and I’ve thought we’re really on a very positive way. But after the break things unfortunately changed…”
- Ozil Rules Out Germany Comeback – Newspot
- EPL: It is very disappointing – Harry Redknapp reacts to sack of Lampard as Chelsea manager
- BREAKING: Chelsea Sack Frank Lampard, Tuchel Tipped As Replacement
- FA Cup fifth round draw [Full fixtures]
- FC Cologne Sign Nigerian Striker Emmanuel Dennis From Club Brugge