Former Liverpool striker, Michael Owen, has singled out midfielder, Thiago, for praise following the club’s FA Cup third round 4-1 victory over a youthful Aston Villa side on Friday night.
Owen insisted that there is nobody in the Premier League that plays like Thiago after the former Bayern Munich star showcased his masterful quality with the ball at his feet against Aston Villa.
Thiago, who came on for captain, Jordan Henderson, at the break, was impressive for Jurgen Klopp’s side against the host at Villa Park.
Goals from Sadio Mane (2), Georginio Wijnaldum and Mohamed Salah ensured the Premier League champions defeated Aston Villa.
“This fella [Thiago] just makes me want to watch football 24 hours a day,” Owen told BT Sport.
“The way he looks around, the way he gives it the eyes. There’s nobody in the Premier League, nobody that plays like him.
“He’s playing a different type of game than everyone else. His disguise on passes is unbelievable.”
- Bruno Fernandes Wins Second Consecutive Player Of The Month – Newspot
- What are the best Nigerian sports markets to bet on?
- EPL: Manchester United New Signee, Diallo Names Two Trophies He Is Eager To Win
- FOOTBALL LOVERS!! When Playing Street Football, Which Player Do You Play Like?
- Liverpool vs Man Utd: How United will send shockwaves through Premier League – Carragher