Politico is facing backlash on Thursday—both internally and externally—for handing over the keys to its signature news product for the day to Ben Shapiro, an oft-incendiary right-wing commentator.
“We published a piece by a very prominent writer, provocateur, and podcaster. We stand by every word in there, it was very closely edited,” the outlet’s top editor Matt Kaminski said as part of his response to staffers during a Thursday meeting.
At another point, the top editor added: “Mischief making has always been a part of Politico’s secret sauce. We were an upstart. Some of that sensibility is always going to be a part of this publication.”
- Ben Affleck Talks Working Again with Matt Damon in The Last Duel
- Meghan Markle Staffer Fact-Checked ‘Finding Freedom’ for Authors, British Court Hears
- Listen To This: Riding On The Breeze!
- Sahara Reporters and Dearth of Investigative Journalism
- National Guard Removes 2 Members From Inauguration Security After Finding Ties To Far-Right Militia Groups!