The lawmaker representing Imo West Senatorial District and former Governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha, was arrested on Sunday by operatives of Nigerian Police.
Okorocha was arrested for unsealing the Royal Palm Estate sealed by the state government under the leadership of Governor Hope Uzodinma.
The State Police Public Relations Officer, Orlando Ikeokwu, while speaking with newsmen in Owerri, the state capital, confirmed Okorocha’s arrest.
He added that the Senator and immediate past Imo State Governor was arrested for violently breaking into the government-sealed Royal palm spring estate along Akachi road in Owerri.
Ikeokwu further stated that police moved to the scene following a distress call that the Royal Palm spring Estate sealed by the government had been violently opened by men led by Okorocha.
Sources, however, at the Police headquarters which spoke with Vanguard said the former Imo State Governor would be charged to court tomorrow.
See the video below:
- Why Arewa Groups want police to arrest Okorocha
- Okorocha tackles Uzodinma over moves to recover alleged state properties from him | Newspot
- Oyo: Why We Detained OPC Members Who Arrested Wakili – Police
- Police Arrest Suspected Notorious Kidnapper, Wakili In Oyo – Newspot
- Family Members Arrested For Kidnapping In Ogun