After helping with the search for Samuel Olson on Monday—and sharing her anxiety about finding the missing 6-year-old with reporters—Theresa Balboa quietly slipped away with a friend.
Court documents first obtained by ABC13 state that Balboa went to a storage unit in Webster, Texas, with a friend and lugged a large plastic container into her car. The next day, the friend drove her and the container to a local Best Western about two hours away.
Unbeknownst to Balboa, the friend had called the Jasper Police Department to report her—and it wasn’t long before cops showed up at the motel, according to court documents. Inside the container, officers discovered what they believe to be the body of the missing 6-year-old, who was wrapped in black plastic bags and secured with duct tape. Balboa was immediately arrested.
Got a tip? Send it to The Daily Beast here
- Black Teens Tased, Kneed by Cops for Boardwalk Vaping: ‘Glad We Made It Out Alive’
- Mom’s Ex-Boyfriend Arrested in 2010 Murder of Texas Teen Hailey Dunn
- MTA cops catch three fake license plates in 30 minutes on RFK Bridge
- Man Convicted Of Killing His Mother, Cutting Her Up, & Eating Her ‘Bit By Bit’ With His Dog
- The GOP Doesn’t Care That Trump Planned a Coup. Do Democrats?