The lawyer of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Alloy Ejimakor, has given an update on the condition of Nnamdi Kanu in detention.
In a post on his Twitter page, Ejimakor stated that the IPOB leader who was ‘cherry’, stated that he was looking forward to overcoming his predicament.
He wrote: “UPDATE: Today, I met with Onyendu at the DSS. We spent nearly 4 hours. My interaction with him was fulfilling.
“He’s cheery and looks forward to overcoming this predicament sooner than later. Again, he stressed UNITY and tolerance on all sides. He has you all in his thoughts.”
Recall that IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu was reportedly rearrested in Kenya and extradited back to Nigeria on the 27th of June, 2021.
He was then arraigned before Justice Binta Nyako who ordered his remand in the custody of the DSS until his next trial date which is July 26 and 27.
Kanu, who is facing an 11-count charge of treason, treasonable felony, terrorism and illegal possession of firearms, among others, jumped bail in 2017 and left the country, only to re-emerge in Israel and then in the United Kingdom.
This article was originally published on Nigeria News
- Biafra: Simon Ekpa Reveals What Will Happen Until Nigeria Is Dissolved
- Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Leader’s Lawyer Reveals Next Action Against DSS
- Save Nnamdi Kanu From Buhari Govt – Wife Writes UK Govt
- Nnamdi Kanu: Only you can stop Buhari govt from harming IPOB leader – Wife writes UK govt
- Nnamdi Kanu, Sunday Igboho: Buhari govt pushing Igbos, Yorubas out of Nigeria – Ezeife