The Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC, has said that the presentation of National Identity Number, NIN, will be part of the process of vehicle registration.
This was disclosed on Saturday by the Assistant Corps Marshal (ACM), Bisi Kazeem, Corps Public Education Officer.
The FRSC had on December 21, 2020, mandated applicants for National Driver’s Licence to present their NIN before they receive licence.
According to Kareem, this complies with the Federal Government’s directive which requires the harmonization of citizen’s data.
“Beginning from the second quarter of this year 2021, If you want to register your vehicle, it is going to be compulsory for you to provide your NIN.
“This is part of the security checks. So, once you provide your NIN, it makes the matter easier and helps the government in national planning”, the spokesman noted.
- FRSC to introduce digital driver’s licence
- Shehu Sani Queries National Identification Number Registration
- INEC Gives Update On Resumption Of Continuous Voter Registration Exercise
- Unidentified Motorcyclist Crushed To Death In Anambra
- Finance Minister: Sale of government assets will benefit Nigerians