The Nonacademic staff union of universities (NASU) has announced plans to begin indefinite strike action on the 5th of February,2020. The Joint Action Committee of NASU and SSANU made this known in a communique on Friday.
Part of the communique read, “It is in line with the resolution of our members nationwide, that the leadership of the Joint Action Committee of NASU and SSANU hereby resolve as follows: “That members of NASU and SSANU shall embark on an indefinite, comprehensive and total strike with effect from midnight of Friday, 5th February 2021.
“That two weeks’ notice effective from today, Friday 22nd January 2021, is hereby given to Government and relevant stakeholders of this development.”
Read also: Nigerian Polytechnic Lecturers Likely To Go On Strike First Quarter Next Year – ASUP President
Photo Credit: Getty
The post Non-academic Staff Union Of Universities To Begin Indefinite Strike February 5 appeared first on Newzandar News.
- Top Nigerian Newspaper Headlines For Today, Friday, 26th February, 2021
- DSS, Police ‘Attempt To Arrest’ Igboho – Fani-Kayode
- Tennessee GOP Asks Universities To Disallow Kneeling; Black Coaches Threaten To Erase Schools’ Recruiting Efforts
- Allow Free Flow Of Food From North To South Or….., Nigerian Military Warns
- Nigerians React As Security Operatives Attempt To Forcefully Arrest Sunday Igboho