Patrick van Aanholt was subjected to racist abuse on social media following Crystal Palace’s goalless draw with Manchester United on Wednesday.
The Crystal Palace defender, 30, shared a post captioned “Why we kneel” after racist messages were sent to him on Instagram.
He becomes the latest in a growing list of professional footballers to have suffered racist abuse in recent weeks.
In February, Chelsea’s Antonio Rudiger and Reece James, Manchester United Women’s Lauren James and Manchester United’s Axel Tuanzebe were among those to have been targeted on social media platforms.
- Premier League Results : Manchester United beat Burnley by 3-1
- Man Utd vs Burnley: Cavani asked me to bench him – Solskjaer
- EPL: You’ve been at Man United for 4 years but nothing to show for it – Keane blasts Pogba over Mourinho
- Rohr reacts as Ahmed Musa joins Kano Pillars
- EPL: Berbatov predicts Arsenal vs Fulham, Man Utd vs Burnley, other games