Lagos state lawmaker, Olusegun Akande has revealed the reason why the EndSARS protest was hijacked.
Akande during a recent plenary session at the Lagos State House of Assembly, said that the protest was hijacked because celebrities were giving out free food.
The lawmaker questions why celebrities who joined the protest, were expecting it to be peaceful when they were busy feeding people who have no means of eating.
According to Akande, the ”miscreants” never wanted the protest to end, because they were being freely fed by celebrities.
For him, the “free food” attracted all manner of people to the various protest venues, which made it easy for the protests to be hijacked and subsequently led to destruction of properties and killings.
Watch the video below;
— Pulse Nigeria (@PulseNigeria247) October 29, 2020
- National Youth Council Dissociates Self From Second #EndSARS Protest
- Sanwo-Olu Gives N10m Each To Wives Of Police Officers Killed In Aftermath Of Protests – Newspot
- Why Tinubu, Akande, Aregbesola, Oyetola met in Osun
- End SARS: Fresh protest breaks out in Lagos [VIDEO]
- FG Defends Gowon On Claim By British Parliament Member