But that wasn’t the original plan. According to Olympic insiders who spoke to The Daily Beast, disgraced former Tokyo Organizing Committee chair Yoshiro Mori was pushing to have someone else do the honors.
“Mori wanted ‘Godzilla’ to light the Olympic flame at the end, not Naomi Osaka, ” an employee for the committee, who spoke on conditions of anonymity due to a punitive non-disclosure agreement, told The Daily Beast.
- Simone Biles Breaks Down at FBI’s Nassar Failures: ‘I Blame an Entire System’
- A Good-looking Chair That’s Comfortable and Won’t Break the Bank? Why Not?
- Cops Turn Up Heat on Lawyer in Wild South Carolina Shooting Saga
- The Met Gala 2021 Is Underway And The Ladies Came To Slay (Photos)
- Paris Hilton Stars at the Blonds’ Cabaret to Close Out New York Fashion Week