Reigning Olympic marathon champion Eliud Kipchoge was on Friday named the ambassador of the fund-raising initiative “Sunfeast India Run As One”, starting on Saturday.
Kipchoge became the first man on the planet to cover the marathon distance in less than two hours.
The 35-year-old clocked 1:59:40 to create an athletic spectacle in Vienna, thus elevating his credentials as the world’s greatest marathoner.
“India is very close to my heart and I have had the opportunity to witness the warmth and hospitality of this beautiful nation. The idea of helping people through running or walking or jogging, is a thoughtful way of engaging people for a good cause.
“And this is the reason I have joined Sunfeast India Run As One as its Ambassador,” Kipchoge was quoted as saying in a media release.
The “virtual event” will support people affected by the COVID-19 pandemic with the citizen-led movement bringing together people of 28 states and eight union territories.
The 30-day movement will kick-start on Saturday while registrations will continue till September 11.
- Yemi Alade Appointed UN Goodwill Ambassador
- Plan To Win Governorship Election Was Hatched In Rivers – Gov. Obaseki
- IPL 2020 Ratings : Advertisers extremely ‘happy and satisfied’ with opening day ratings of IPL 2020
- #BBNaija: Tochi bags first endorsement deal with top cosmetic brand (Photo)
- Don’t Be Late To The Tems Party