Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has faulted the N6.5bn allegedly approved for the establishment of ranching in Katsina.
He stated that the sum out of which N5bn has been allegedly released to President Muhammadu Buhari’s home state was hypocritical and contradictory to the President’s support for open grazing.
He demanded an apology from the Federal Government as well as approval of N100bn to Benue for ranching.
Ortom was reacting to reports of the Federal Government’s approval of N6.5 billion to Katsina State for the establishment of ranches during a chat with the media on Saturday in Makurdi.
He said: “It is hypocrisy for the federal government to approve money for ranching in a state and leave others out. And in fact, the Governor of (Katsina) state in his remarks said N5billion had already been remitted to their coffers. So, I begin to wonder, where are we headed?
“If the President has approved N6.5billion for Katsina state, they should also approve N100billion for Benue state with an apology to me because we started it.”
The post Ortom Hits FG Over Alleged N6.5bn Ranching Fund To Katsina appeared first on Information Nigeria.
- BURSTED! How Accountant General Illegally Withdrew N665.8bn From Special Fund – Senate
- BREAKING: EFCC Detain, Grill Bukola Saraki
- Senate passes $2.1 billion Capitol security bill
- I Have No Joy Governing Katsina, Insecurity Giving Me Sleepless Nights – Masari
- Nigerian Gov’t Staff Forced to Take Secrecy Oath After Daily Beast Reveals President’s Twitter Meltdown