Peter Obi, a former governor of Anambra state and vice-presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in 2019 election has revealed that Nigeria isn’t working at the moment because people are being recruited into offices based on sentiments.
This revelation was made by the former governor while commissioning a road project in Rivers state today January 13.
The former governor, Obi further stated that people must be elected into offices based on capacity and competency.
The reason Nigeria is not working today is that people have been recruited based on sentiments. If we have to recruit you to be local government chairman, governor, vice president, president, and minister, it must be based on capacity and competence, which are viable not what we are doing now and the country is collapsing.
In other news, WITHIN NIGERIA reported that People Democratic Party, PDP’s 2019 Vice Presidential Candidate and former Anambra Governor, Peter Obi, has condemned the recent killings of IPOB members in Emene, Enugu State.
WITHIN NIGERIA recalls that officers of Department of States Services (DSS) and members of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) were killed during a fierce clash between the duo last week
- Ogun: Makinde, Others Beg Gbenga Daniel To Become PDP Leader
- 2023: Buhari Will Not Support Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition – Sule Lamido
- 2023 Presidency: Ohanaeze Warns IPOB Against Distraction From Presidential Race
- President Buhari Congratulates US President Joe Biden & Kamala Harris – “We Look Forward To Working With You”
- 2023 is DNA test for Ndigbo — ABC Nwosu