Forty-three club-goers including strippers have been arrested by operatives of Lagos police command at Eclipse Night Club, Ligali Ayorinde Street, Victoria Island for violating COVID19 protocols.
This was contained in a statement released by the police public relations officer in the state, SP CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi.
The PPRO said the arrests were made on Sunday, January 10.
Adejobi said police operatives attached to Maroko Division of the state, on the order of the Commissioner of Police, CP Hakeem Odumosu, went after the deviant clubbers and got them arrested for clubbing without any regard for the COVID-19 protocols.
He said the state Commissioner of Police, CP Hakeem Odumosu, has ordered that those arrested should be moved to Taskforce office Oshodi for prosecution.
He added that the police boss has also ordered that club owners should no longer be spared as they encourage total disregard for the protocols in the state.
The post PHOTOS: Police arrest 43 clubgoers, strippers for violating COVID-19 protocols in Lagos appeared first on Within Nigeria.
- Lagos Taskforce to auction 88 vehicles impounded for driving against traffic
- JUST IN: Lagos Airport Police Command gets new Commissioner
- PHOTOS: Police arrest 8 members of two rival cult groups in Ogun
- Lagos COVID-19 sample tests near 264, 000 — Prof. Abayomi
- Uzodinma Shifts Imo Schools Resumption Until Jan 25