Piers Morgan has thrown a subtle shade at Larry King, after he took to social media to pay tribute to the late legendary media personality.
Piers shared a throwback photo he took with Larry King and wrote: “Larry King was a hero of mine until we fell out after I replaced him at CNN & he said my show was ‘like watching your mother-in-law go over a cliff in your new Bentley.’ (He married 8 times so a mother-in-law expert) But he was a brilliant broadcaster & masterful TV interviewer.
A number of people reacted, telling Piers that his tweet was an inappropriate way to pay tribute to a dead man.
But Piers responded, insisting Larry hated the fact that he was the one who replaced him at CNN.
He wrote: “Larry hated me replacing him at CNN and never made any secret of it, which I found very sad because he was one of my heroes – but I still think he was a superb broadcaster & one of the all-time TV greats.”
He added that Larry would have found humour in his tribute to him and people were just being unnecessarily sensitive.
- Man found dead in Harlem hair salon may have been a burglar, cops say
- Same Gun Used in Failed Plot to Kill Hypnotist Tied to 2012 Murder of British Family
- This Is Sad! Teenage Student Commits Suicide In FUTO
- [Music] Solace Clergy – Meant To Be
- BRS Kash And Tekashi 69 Step Into The Shade Room To Exchange Words