The Governor of Oyo State, Seyi Makinde, has disclosed that the state Police Command has arrested the killers of a popular chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP), Fatai Aborode.
Newspot reports that that the popular businessman in Igangan was allegedly killed on his farm by Fulani Herdsmen in Igangan in Ibarapa North Local Government Area of the state.
Speaking during a recent interview, Makinde revealed that the killers of the rich man have been arrested and that details about the killers will be revealed soon
He said: ”I went to Ibarapa, I slept over there. I met Dr Aborode’s father what we found out is there was an intelligence failure. Baba said a lot of these issues have political undertones. He said Dr Aborode didn’t drive himself that day.
“Baba said Dr Aborode was on a motorbike when he was attacked. The rider was not hurt at all. There were other people that were stopped too and nothing happened to them. The attackers were speaking Yoruba.
“I spoke to the security agents and asked them what has been done and directed the CP that the person who did this should be arrested.
“He has now been arrested and he said he will name all the people that were there on that day. I believe very soon we will get to the bottom of it.
“I am not saying we don’t have Fulani criminals. Yes, we do. However, we must remember that our enemies are criminals no matter their ethnicity. So we must remain focused on going after criminals.”
- Fulani vs Sunday Igboho: We Will Not Give Southwest Food Until… – Miyetti Allah
- There Won’t Be Any Food Supply To South-West Until Fulanis Are Safe – Miyetti Allah
- Sunday Igboho: Ibarapa Indigenes Issue Directive To Police, Others
- IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Reveals Only Way To Evade Arrest, Threat By Buhari’s Govt
- Gov Bala Reveals Who The ‘Man In Aso Rock’ Is To Him