The Police in Kano State have arrested 17 suspects for alleged robbery.
The spokesman of the Kano Police Command, DSP Abdullahi Haruna, made this known in a statement on Tuesday in Kano, NAN reports.
Haruna said that 12 robbery suspects (name withheld) were arrested at Sabon Gari, Sharada and Sauna areas of Kano metropolis.
He added that the suspects specialize in phone snatching and terrorizing people in the affected areas.
He said the Police has recovered dangerous weapons from the suspects.
The spokesman further stated that the command also arrested a 19-year-old swindler for defrauding two businessmen, Auwalu Abdulmalik and Buhari Yusuf of N330,000.
“A team of detectives trailed the suspect to Kano, Abuja and Lagos before he was arrested at Kankia in Katsina State.
“On Oct. 3, 2020, at about 1700hrs, one Abdulsalam Isah of Gwagwarwa Quarters in Kano, reported that an unknown person stole his Samsung Galaxy T5 pro handset valued at N180,000.00.
“On Oct. 5, 2020, the suspect used the SIM card of the stolen phone and withdrew N330,000 from his account.
“A team of Operation Puff Adder arrested the suspects, and recovered the stolen phone from the suspect while an investigation is still ongoing,’’ he said.
The post Police arrests 17 suspects over alleged robbery in Kano appeared first on Newzandar News.
- Police Arrest 19 Suspected Gunrunners, Kidnappers, Others In Katsina – Newspot
- Road accident claims 4 lives in Kwara
- Three arrested for allegedly beating 23-year-old to death over alleged phone theft in Ogun
- PHOTOS: Lady dies after her boyfriend allegedly pushed her from a five-storey building in Anambra
- Four police officers arrested for ‘extorting N70k from 16-yr-old student’