The Kogi State Police Commissioner, Ayuba Ede, has said it is yet to locate the whereabouts of the kidnapped Kogi State Chairman of the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association (MACBAN), Alhaji Waikili Damina.
Naija News reports that unknwon gunmen had abducted the MACBAN leader six days ago.
The police commissioner stated that he was yet to receive briefs from the DPO of the local government council where Damina was kidnapped.
He however discvlosed that the police have swung into action to find the chairman, promising that his men would soon swoop in on the kidnappers.
Naija News reports that Damina’s kidnap was confirmed to newsmen on Tuesday by the state Secretary of MACBAN, Mr Adamu Abubakar.
While revealing that Damina was abducted on April 30, he added that the abductors, numbering about eight, came in a white bus at about 12 noon to “forcefully” take away the Chairman from his house at Chikara village, Kogi Local Government.
According to Abubakar, he was informed of the incident about an hour later by the younger brother of Damina who claimed he witnessed the incident.
“Since then, his lines are not reachable and all efforts to know his whereabouts proved abortive,” he said.
- Policemen, NSCDC Officials Killed As Gunmen Attack Chinese Firm In Zamfara
- Bandits Kidnap Family Of Eight, Four Others In Zaria
- Gov Umahi Declares HoS Position Open For Qualified Civil Servants
- BREAKING: Jubilation As ISWAP Releases UN Staff, Nine Others
- APC Chairman In Plateau State Sacked From Office