Former Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, has finally reacted to the attacks on security facilities in Imo State.
The lawmaker cautioned against politicising the security challenges in the state.
He also tied the recent attacks on poverty and injustice while briefing journalists on Thursday in Jos.
He called on the government to urgently address the issues before it escalates.
“The recent attack on the police headquarters, the Correctional Centres in Imo State, the unending herdsmen crisis and banditry, Boko Haram, kidnappings, these are all products of poverty and injustice,” he said.
Time has come for we as political leaders to tell ourselves the truth and address this ugly situation and help our men and women of the Armed Forces and the police who are currently fighting the symptoms and not the disease. Something must be done urgently too.”
The post Poverty, Injustice Responsible For Attacks In Imo, Says appeared first on Information Nigeria.
- Okorocha Reveals Cause Of Boko Haram, #EndSARS Protest
- UN condemns Boko Haram attacks on humanitarian hubs in Borno
- Fani-Kayode Reacts As Former Bodyguard Emerges New OPC Leader
- Ebonyi Killings: Senate Issues Directive To New IGP, Usman Baba
- Nigeria Facing War From Boko Haram, Fulani Herdsmen Not Insecurity — Nnamdi Kanu