The CW’s live-action Powerpuff Girls reboot has officially begun filming, and the colorful superheroes are all grown up. On Wednesday, Chloe Bennet (Blossom), Dove Cameron (Bubbles), and Yana Perrault (Buttercup) were photographed filming the series pilot in Atlanta alongside Donald Faison – who was recently cast as Professor Utonium – and Robyn Lively. The show, based on the Cartoon Network show from the ’90s, will show the sisters as “disillusioned 20-somethings who resent having lost their childhood to crime-fighting.”
“Today was my first day ever on TV, for real,” Perrault said on her Instagram Stories. “I was on Broad City, but I’m a main character, and that’s pretty f*cking special. I happy cried a couple times – so special day!” In a caption on her stories, Perrault added, “Still hasn’t fully registered in my head but I’m extremely proud of myself and my girls & our whole f*kin crew [sic].” Cameron also shared photos of her dressing room and director Maggie Kiley even posted a photo of her director’s chair from the set on Instagram with the caption, “Day 1!” A premiere date hasn’t been released, so in the meantime, check out the photos from the Powerpuff Girls set ahead.
- 21 Savage Flexes On The ‘Gram With ‘Usher Bucks’
- PHOTO OF THE DAY!! Who Can Give This Photo Of Zidane A Perfect Caption? (Best Caption Wins)
- Bob Saget Defends TV Daughter Candace Cameron Bure Against Haters Calling Her Personality ‘Fake’
- The Circle: Fascinated By Lee’s Catfish Persona? Meet the Real “River,” aka Doak Rapp
- UEFA Champions League Quarterfinal 2nd Leg: Liverpool vs Real Madrid-Prediction, team news, Probable Lineups, Head to head, LIV vs RMA Live Streaming details