President Buhari has suspended the ongoing nationwide #EndSARS protest, as he stated that the government has fully met the demands of the protesters.
In a nationwide broadcast earlier today, the Nigerian president called on the youths to discontinue the street protests and engage the government in finding a lasting solution to police brutality.
See what he said below;
24. I therefore call on our youths to discontinue the street protests and constructively engage government in finding solutions. Your voice has been heard loud and clear and we are responding.
25. And I call on all Nigerians to go about their normal businesses, and enjoin security agencies to protect lives and properties of all law abiding citizens without doing harm to those they are meant to protect. Let me pay tribute to officers of the Nigeria Police Force who have tragically lost their lives in the line of duty.
27. This government respects and will continue to respect all the democratic rights and civil liberties of the people, but it will not allow anybody or groups to disrupt the peace of our nation.
You can read the full address by President Buhari HERE
- Super Eagles Star Alex Iwobi Pays Tribute To #EndSARS Movement With An Inscription On His Footwear
- Bandits Could Kidnap Buhari, Deji Adeyanju Mocks President
- Army Admits Live, Blank Bullets Were Taken To Protest Venue – Newspot
- EndSARS Killing: PDP demands national truth commission
- Recession: Swallow your pride – Atiku tells Buhari