The Leader of INRI Evangelical Spiritual Church, Primate Elijah Ayodele, has reacted to the statement of an Islamic human rights group, Muslim Rights Concern, on June 12 protesters, which was released in the early hours of Monday.
The statement was signed by MURIC’s Director, Prof. Ishaq Akintola.
MURIC in the statement compared President Muhammadu Buhari to Jesus, while explaining that the protesters are ungrateful to the President for honouring the winner of the June 12, 1993 presidential election, late Bashorun Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola, with the recognition of June 12 as the country’s Democracy Day.
A verse of the bible where Jesus healed 10 lepers was referred to in the statement.
It also urged President Buhari to ignore those who are ungrateful to him for his works.
However, Primate Elijah Ayodele has shown his displeasure at this comparison made by MURIC, describing it as blasphemy.
In a statement released by his Media Office, the man of God sent a warning to MURIC not to compare Jesus Christ to a mere mortal anymore as he sees it as a huge disrespect.
“Government celebrates nonsense.
“An organization like MURIC is a disgrace to the religious sector.
“Comparing our Lord Jesus Christ to a mere mortal like President Buhari is blasphemy.
“If this was a Christian organisation comparing someone to Mohammed (SAW), it would have become something else.
“Who is President Buhari before Jesus?
- LET’S TALK!! Why Do Muslims Get Angry Whenever Prophet Muhammad Is Insulted?
- Pastor Tunde Bakare speaks on the Buhari-led administration – “God has turned against you”
- 200,000 Nigerians in UK should smoke Buhari out – Omokri
- The Chicanery Called Local Government Elections By Bola Bolawole
- Hushpuppi: Probe Abba Kyari, Hand Him Over To FBI If Found Guilty – PDP To Buhari