,That Prince Charles wants a smaller, “slimmed-down” monarchy is no secret.
What had once threatened to be a painful process of pruning was made easier for him by the forced departure of Prince Andrew and the voluntary exit of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle from the ranks of working, salaried royals.
Indeed, in some quarters it was whispered that maybe too much wood had been cut. Over the past two years, there has been a perception that, far from the balcony at Buckingham Palace being in danger of imminent collapse, the army is looking a little thin. The received wisdom, post-Meghan and Harry, was that more, not fewer, royal bodies might actually be needed to plug the daily royal schedule of community-center visits and sports hall openings.
- HBO’s New Animated Royal Satire ‘The Prince’ Is Tasteless, and, More Seriously, Not Even Funny
- How America Abandoned the World—and Our Own Inner Cities
- Prince Nelson receives loads of gifts including piece of land ahead of birthday (Video)
- Meghan McCain Weighs in on Nepotism: ‘My Work Ethic Speaks for Itself’
- The Best New Launches From Parachute, Omsom, and More