Prince William issued a strong statement Monday saying he was “sickened” by racist abuse aimed at Black English soccer players after the side lost the big European soccer final to Italy in London on Sunday night.
William’s intervention came after Black players endured a torrent of abuse on social media and were taunted with racist emojis and phrases after three Black players missed key penalties which decided the game in Italy’s favor.
William’s remarks were echoed by British prime minister Boris Johnson, who had previously refused to condemn England fans who booed the players taking a knee in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement.
- $4bn Raised At Global Education Summit To Help 175 Million Children
- Olympics: Nigeria’s D’Tigers lose to Germany
- Ben Crump Files Lawsuit Against Johnson & Johnson On Behalf Of Black Women Over Cancer Causing Baby Powder
- THIS IS BAD! Barcelona Footballer Suffers Racist Abuse Online
- “Enough of supporting fair girls every time, pick a black girl this year” – Actress, Nkechi Blessing tells BBNaija viewers