Three days after a South Carolina mother and son from a powerful legal family were shot dead outside a house on their 1,700-acre hunting estate, countless questions remain about the pair’s violent demise.
Around 10 p.m. on Monday, deputies with the Colleton County Sheriff’s Office responded to a 911 report of two dead bodies outside a rural home. There, officers found the remains of Paul Murdaugh, 22, and his mother Margaret “Maggie” Murdaugh, 52. According to local news outlet the Island Packet, the two were shot with different weapons: one with an assault rifle, the other with a shotgun.
Attorney Richard Alexander Murdaugh Sr.—Maggie’s husband and Paul’s father—reportedly found the bodies, but told investigators he was not home at the time of the shootings. According to sources cited by local NBC affiliate News 2, the deaths did not appear to be the result of a murder-suicide and are being investigated as a double homicide.
- Ronnie Oneal III Is Found Guilty Of First-Degree Murder And Attempted Murder
- Fathers day: Mercy Aigbe and ex-husband Lanre Gentry drag each other on Instagram
- ‘You stabbed me’: son forced to face accused father in US murder trial | Newspot
- ‘I Play The Role Of Father And Mother In My Children’s Lives’ – Mercy Aigbe Celebrates Father’s Day
- “If you like take your children to the moon is nobody’s business”