Real Madrid defender, Raphael Varane has tested positive for COVID-19.
Madrid announced this development on Tuesday, thus ruling him out for the Champions league match on Tuesday.
The La Liga defending champion is set to face Premier league defending champion, Liverpool in the UEFA Champions league quarterfinals on Tuesday at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Club captain, Sergio Ramos will also miss the match after suffering a shoulder injury while away on international duty for Spain.
Zinedine Zidane is set to field Spaniard Nacho Fernandez alongside Brazilian Eder Militao at the heart of his defence in the first leg, which is a repeat of the 2018 Champions League final which Real won 3-
The post Real Madrid Defender, Varane Tests Positive For COVID-19 appeared first on Information Nigeria.
- BREAKING!! Real Madrid Knock Liverpool Out Of The Champions League
- See How Much Chelsea Got For Reaching The Semi-Finals Of The Champions League
- UEFA Champions League Quarterfinal 2nd Leg: Liverpool vs Real Madrid-Prediction, team news, Probable Lineups, Head to head, LIV vs RMA Live Streaming details
- Real Madrid Bus Attacked Ahead Of Liverpool Match – Newspot
- UEFA Champions League: Real Madrid, Manchester City through to the semi-finals, will face Chelsea and PSG respectively