Police are looking for three robbers who impersonated NYPD officers to mug two victims in Tribeca on Friday.
The three men approached two victims outside of 38 Walker Street before identifying themselves as police officers and demanding to see identification, law enforcement sources said.
The victims handed over their wallets, and the fake cops took as much as $350 before telling the victims “leave or I will kill you,” according to sources.
Fifteen minutes later, the two-bit tough guys made their way to Chinatown and beat up a street vendor who had followed them into the subway to confront them after an argument on the street, sources said.
The men allegedly punched the vendor in the head before fleeing on an uptown R train at the Canal Street station.
The assault victim was treated at the hospital and is expected to recover from a head injury, according to sources.
The post Robbers posing as cops in NYC mug two people, pummel street vendor appeared first on Newzandar News.
- 78-year-old woman found murdered in NYC home
- BREAKING: Suspected hoodlums set police station ablaze in Imo
- Asian man stabbed in Lower Manhattan, suspect on the loose
- Protesters march after decision to not charge Rochester cops in Daniel Prude’s death
- JUST IN!!! Oyo State Police Confirms Abduction Of Farmer’s Son In Ibadan