President of the Rotary Club of Isolo, David Olaniyi Taiwo, has pledged to construct a vocational training centre in Isolo to equip the youth on skill acquisition.
Taiwo made the declaration at his investiture ceremony as the 40th president of the club, which held recently. He said with the expected support from donors, the centre, which will be his star project, would commence soon, and to be completed within this Rotary year.
He enumerated other projects that had been carried out prior to the investiture, such as the seminar on career counselling with students of Ansar-ud-Deen College, Isolo, where writing materials were distributed; a project on family health and the campaign to keep polio at zero level.
Immediate past president, Lookman Olajide, gave account of his stewardship, which included reconstruction of Isolo diabetic ward that metamorphosed into physiotherapy ward at Isolo General Hospital.
One of the founding fathers of the club, Michael Olawale Cole, described Taiwo as a responsible, committed and dedicated Rotarian, who would deliver on his promise.
- Mimi Onalaja & the Shady Bunch discuss Sliding in the DMs on Episode 7 of “Shade Corner” Season 4
- Customs FOU intercepts N20.8 billion goods, generates N1.7 billion | Newspot
- Aguero self-isolating after contracting coronavirus | Newspot
- Court sentences Ondo Pastor to two years imprisonment for slander | Newspot
- Protesters storm Ebonyi court over judge’s recusal from PDP case | Newspot