Other experts on the Rossiya-1 network nodded and concurred. Trump’s departure has sucked the joy out of pro-Kremlin propagandists, with a host of new problems looming on the horizon for Russia. Instead of jolly boasts about “owning” America’s president, Russian state TV shows are now filled with gloomy experts, and discussions about the impending flood of U.S. sanctions which are so tense they leave the pundits on the verge of coming to blows.
During the Trump years, state media mouthpieces, tightly controlled by Russian President Vladimir Putin, put on a happy face and followed his lead in exclaiming that they wanted Trump to be elected solely because he promised to improve the U.S.-Russian relations. Appearing on domestic talk shows and news programs, experts are now slipping up and admitting that they preferred Trump’s presidency mainly because he was so devastatingly bad for the United States and its allies. After President Joe Biden was elected—despite Russia’s efforts to the contrary—all pretense faded into oblivion.
- Russia Says US Troop Pullout From Afghanistan Risks ‘Escalation’ – Newspot
- Russian Government To Expel 10 Americans In Retaliation
- U.S. Intel Walks Back Claim Russians Put Bounties on American Troops
- ‘The View’ Reluctantly Praises ‘Nepotism Barbie’ Ivanka Trump
- Iran to increase uranium enrichment to 60 per cent