In her first new episode of 2021—and the first since last week’s Trump-led insurrection at the U.S. Capitol—Samantha Bee had a lot to get off her chest.
“It was the ugliest scene to happen on the floor of the Senate since… about one hour before that,” the Full Frontal host said, cutting to a photo of Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), who she singled out, along with Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO), as especially “complicit” for inspiring the attack.
“Just as despicably, Trump’s biggest enablers are only now breaking from the president to try to save their careers,” Bee added, pointing to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), who both finally spoke out against the president in the aftermath of the riot.
- Will Cocaine Mitch Really Be Uncle Joe’s Wingman?
- US Congress to deliver Trump impeachment charge on Monday
- Trump’s Impeachment Trial Stalled In US Senate
- As Dems Stress About Impeachment Trial, Trump Plots Revenge
- Nancy Pelosi Confirms Impeachment Article Will Be Delivered To The Senate On January 25th—Making Way For Trump’s Impeachment Trial