Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has condemned the alleged brutality against people who protested at the Lekki tollgate on Saturday.
Recall that on Saturday, security officers arrested at least 30 people who came out to protest against the planned reopening of the Lekki tollgate.
Reacting to the outcry that followed the arrests, Sanwo-Olu directed the State’s Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu, to open an investigation into the incident.
Lagos Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Gbenga Omotosho, confirmed this at a joint briefing by the state government and the Lekki Concession Company (LCC) in Lagos on Monday.
Omotosho insisted that Sanwo-Olu’s administration would never trample on the rights of residents.
The post Sanwo-Olu Decries Alleged Brutality Against Lekki Protesters appeared first on Information Nigeria.
- Gridlock: Lagos completes repair work on Eko Bridge
- Bovi Pays Tribute To Those Killed At Lekki Tollgate As He Wears T-shirt With ‘Bloodstained’ Nigerian Flag
- Rapper Falz Shows Off His Bald Hairdo
- Breaking: Lagos govt to take 24 % equity in TBS, Trade Fair Complex
- Lagos Govt To Close Third Mainland Bridge On February 26 – Newspot