Seven persons were on Sunday killed after a military aircraft crashed some minutes off the runway at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport in Abuja.
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF), spokesman, Air Vice Marshal Ibikunle Daramola noted that the Beechcraft KingAir B350i aircraft crashed while returning to Abuja Airport after reporting engine failure en route Minna in Niger State.
READ ALSO: Gunmen Kill Mobile Policeman In Delta
According to Air Vice Vice Marshal Daramola, the first responders were at the scene of the incident, explaining that all seven NAF personnel on board died in the crash.
Air Vice Marshal Oladayo Amao equally called for an immediate investigation into the crash.
He called on Nigerians to be calm and await the outcome of the investigation, and, on behalf of all Nigerian Air Force personnel, commiserated with the families of the deceased.
Photos From The Crash
Newspot’s Sodiq Adelakun visited the scene of the crash and sent in these photos:
- NAF Confirms Death Of 7 Personnel In Abuja Airport Military Plane Crash
- UPDATED: Military aircraft crash-lands in Abuja, 8 persons feared dead
- BREAKING: 6 Dead As Aircraft Crashes In Abuja (Video)
- Officials Probe ‘Foul Play’ After Crash of Military Plane Close to Finding Abducted Nigerian Schoolboys
- Why We Arrested Okorocha – Police