The self-described white nationalist who stormed House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office—posing for a gleeful photo—during Wednesday’s insurrection has been arrested.
Richard Barnett, a 60-year-old from Arkansas, has been charged with entering and remaining on restricted grounds, violent entry, and theft of public property, NBC News first reported.
Barnett garnered national attention after he posed for a photo in Pelosi’s office as a MAGA mob attacked the Capitol building while Congress met to certify the Electoral College votes for President-elect Joe Biden. The mid-afternoon siege forced members of the House and Senate to evacuate as rioters flooded the hallways.
Got a tip? Send it to The Daily Beast here
- Feds Charge D.C. Rioter Who Smoked Joint Inside the Capitol
- Is the Capitol Rioters’ Skull-Mask Fetish Fashion or Fascist?
- Meghan McCain Seems to Count Herself Among the ‘Cult of Trump,’ Tells Critics to ‘Go to Hell’
- Trump Fumes in His First Weekend Out of Office as Fauci Clowns on Him
- NYC garbage man who stormed US Capitol quits job