For the past several days, President Trump, Republican members of Congress, and Fox News have all been playing the victim in the wake of a treasonous attack on the U.S. Capitol that left six people dead, including two police officers (one by apparent suicide). Instead of trying to figure out how and why this act of terrorism happened, they’ve been complaining about social media companies purging accounts that have violated their terms of service by, among other things, plotting sedition and threatening violence.
As Seth Meyers said on Tuesday night, “Republicans have responded by doing what they do best: making themselves the victims.”
The Late Night host then threw to a clip of Fox News’ resident white nationalist-inciter, Tucker Carlson, who wondered aloud, “Imagine that: You wake up and you’re suddenly unpopular with the wrong person and you can’t communicate, and you have no legal representation, and you can’t fly on an airplane, and you can’t put your money in a bank.” (Carlson, by the way, is the multimillionaire heir to a frozen food fortune who used to wear bow ties everywhere.)
- Tucker Mocks AOC’s Riot Fear: ‘Sandy’s Heart Is Still Beating Fast!’
- Jimmy Kimmel Gleefully Celebrates Trump’s Second Impeachment: ‘Tired of All the Winning Yet?’
- AOC proposes funding to deprogram white supremacists
- ‘Kill All Republicans’: Amazon Sells 204 Items Promoting Violence, Hate
- Trump Rants in Near-Empty White House: I’ll ‘Never’ Say Biden Won