Former Senator representing Kaduna Central, Shehu Sani has cautioned Islamic cleric Sheikh Gumi over his comment on Muslim and non-Muslim soldiers in the Nigerian Army.
Gumi had recently made the divisive and controversial post saying it is non-Muslim soldiers that are causing igniting crisis.
“What I want you people to understand is, soldiers that are involved in most of the criminalities are not Muslims. You know, soldiers have Muslims and none-Muslims. The non-Muslims are the ones causing confusion just to ignite crisis,” Gumi said.
Sani in his post condemned the act of referencing soldiers with their faith.
“Referencing our soldiers as Muslims or Christians is a condemnable act. It’s divisive & toxic. The security challenges in our country demands a united action and national solidarity. Sowing the seeds of religiosity in the minds of our troops on the frontline is noxious & dangerous,” Sani tweeted.
The post Shehu Sani Cautions Gumi On Religious Divisive Comment On Soldiers appeared first on Concise News.
- Fani-Kayode To Sheikh Gumi: Why Do You Hate Christians So Much?
- Why Do You Hate Christians So Much?
- 2023: Buhari’s Successor Must Be Yoruba Muslim – MURIC
- ‘Sad And Unfortunate’ – Shehu Sani Reacts As Gunmen Abduct Schoolgirls In Zamfara
- Gumi To Journalists: Don’t Call Bandits Criminals If You Want Them To Surrender