Congratulations are in order for Simone Biles, as she has just become one of the most decorated Americans in the history of Olympic gymnastics. On Aug. 3, after withdrawing for mental-health reasons from the team final, all-around final, and the three other events she qualified for, Simone took home the bronze medal during the balance beam final. “It means more than all of the golds because I pushed through so much the last five years and the last week while I’ve even been here,” the 24-year-old gymnast said on Today. Throughout her 2021 Olympic journey, Simone has been battling the “twisties,” which is a mental block that can potentially lead to injury.
“I wasn’t expecting to walk away with the medal. I was just going out there doing this for me,” Simone shared post-competition with The New York Times. “To have one more opportunity to be at the Olympics meant the world to me.” Ahead, can see how Jonathan Van Ness, Ava DuVernay, Adam Rippon, and others are congratulating the Olympian on her recent win.
- Dancing On Ice’s Yebin Mok and Dr Tom Naylor Welcome Girl Called Lilia
- Mourinho reveals who is to blame for Roma 6-1 loss to Bodo / Glimt
- Make Nigeria proud in sports, Buhari charges NYSC members
- How Lack Of Restructuring Is A Threat To 2023 Elections – Nwodo Tells Buhari
- London starts the holiday season early
Subscribe to Get More News via Email
- London Irish stun Exeter for first win of season
- Bitcoin “still bullish” even as BTC price drops to $ 50,000 – analysis
- DMX real estate battle gets even MORE complicated as alleged 15th heir surfaces pretending to be his child
- Man Who Won Over N410m In Lottery Says He Simply Wants To Buy Slippers And Toothbrush
- Man Puts Himself Up For Sale Due To Hardship In The Country