A sinkhole opened up on the Upper West Side Sunday — partially swallowing two cars, officials said.
Photos show a large chunk of pavement caving on Riverside Drive near West 97th Street, with cars partially pulled in along with some debris.
Councilman Mark Levine tweeted photos showing a crooked white SUV with its backend stuck in the gaping concrete — with a red car dangling precariously behind it.
Both vehicles’ tires were off the ground, photos show.
“Emergency crews are on scene,” Levine said. “No injuries thankfully. But this is yet another reminder: NYC simply must invest more in upgrading our outdated infrastructure.”
The vehicles had been removed Sunday afternoon but stops for M5 buses were canceled in both directions between West 72nd and 110th Street.
Metro | New York Post
The post Sinkhole nearly swallows two cars on Upper West Side appeared first on Newzandar News.
- Invest in your future before you invest in Church – Prophet Israel Ogundipe
- Adam Levine Shows Off HUGE New Tattoo That Took 13 HOURS To Complete!
- Mercy Eke adds Mercedes Benz Convertible to fleet of exotic cars (video)
- BURSTED!! More Trouble For Abba Kyari, As His Younger Brother Was Spotted Pulling Hushpuppi’s Stunt On IG (See Photos)
- WI vs PAK 3rd T20I LIVE: Will Kieron Pollard’s West Indies fightback or Babar Azam’s Pakistan dominate? Follow LIVE updates